If you suffer from impaired mobility, the Motability Scheme may enable you to access the mobility equipment you need. Every 3 years you can lease a new electric scooter or power chair from Oakham Mobility & Healthcare, using your government-funded mobility allowance.
How does Motability work?
To join the Motability Scheme, you must be in receipt of one of the following allowances:
- Higher Rate Mobility Component of the Disability Living Allowance (DLA)
- Enhanced Rate of the Mobility Component of Personal Independence Payment (PIP)
- War Pensioners’ Mobility Supplement (WPMS)
- Armed Forces Independence Payment (AFIP).
You will need to have at least 12 months remaining on your allowance when you apply.
The Motability Scheme provides mobility scooters and powered wheelchairs on a three-year contract hire basis as follows:
- 3 years comprehensive insurance
- 3 years full parts and labour warranty
- No call out charges
- Annual servicing and repairs
- Free replacement batteries and tyres
- Free puncture repair
- 24-hour breakdown recovery service
Use a Motability Partner to get a scooter
Oakham Mobility are a Motability partner. We can help you every step of the way. From helping you to fill in the required forms, to providing a free demonstration in the comfort of your own home, to delivering and assembling your brand new scooter ready to use. Contact us today to arrange an appointment, and look forward to the independence your new scooter will bring.
Over 3 million people have been helped by the Motability scheme. Exchange part of your Motability allowance or War Pension for a scooter or powered Wheelchair.
We have a fantastic range of Mobility Scooters and Powerchairs available through the Motability scheme. Do you need a lightweight folding scooter for pavement travel or a scooter for road use? Get in touch today to book a test drive.